Lacombe County is hosting its fourth annual “Spring Tune Up” event on March 10, 2020.
Anyone interested in their health and farm safety is invited to attend this free event, which will feature a variety of health care and safety professionals.
“We like to have the Spring Tune Up Health and Safety Day land close to the Canadian Agricultural Safety Day in March of each year,” said Jalene Makus, Lacombe County Agriculture Coordinator and event organizer. “By bringing in vendors that support both physical and mental health/safety, we are doing our part to support this important initiative and to connect attendees with relevant and useful information.”
The event will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Lacombe Memorial Centre on March 10. It is open
free of charge to the general public.
This year’s event features:
• The Man Van (blood screening) from 12-3 p.m.
• Lacombe County Peace Offices – Child Car Safety Seat Inspections
• A variety of different booths and services (see list below)
• Door prize draws for all attendees
“Each year, we strive to find relevant vendors to bring value to this event – ones that are of interest not just to our rural producers, but to anyone interested in their health and safety,” said Makus.
Everyone who attends the event will have their name entered for door prizes.
The organizations who will be on-site for this year’s event include:
• Building Bridges to Health Naturally (blood analysis)
• Canadian Blood Services (blood typing)
• Lacombe & District Family and
Community Support Services (FCSS)
• Just Safety Supplies
• Pure Red Deer (chiropractic, hands-on screening)
• Passion for Health (Alberta Health Services)
• County of Lacombe Lifelong Learning Association (CLLLA)
• Lacombe County Peace Officers (child safety seat inspections)
• Wolf Creek Primary Care Network
• City of Lacombe (Healthy Living program)
• AgSafe Alberta (Alberta Farm Safe Plan)
To learn more about the event, for any questions, please call Jalene at 403-782-8959 or email email@example.com.