LACOMBE –The City of Lacombe is strongly encouraging residents who want to sell or give away items to create ‘virtual garage sales’ on online platforms such as Kijiji and Facebook Marketplace, and to coordinate contactless sales and curbside pick-ups to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
If residents need, the city is permitting physical garage or yard sales only if organizers follow the Provincial Health Orders currently in force, as well as Alberta Health Services recommendations:
• No more than 15 people are allowed in one indoor or outdoor location.
• Gatherings of fewer than 15 people must maintain a physical distance of two metres (six feet) from one another. Garage or yard sales must occur in spaces that allow for the mandated physical distancing.
• People may not host or attend a garage sale if they or anyone they live with is experiencing the following symptoms: cough, fever over 38°C, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat.
• Sani-stations with hand sanitizer or disinfectant sprays should be available for use.
• Use of personal protective equipment such as gloves and non-medical masks are advisable; remember to use a new pair of gloves for each task or you risk spreading the virus with contaminated gloves. If you are handling cash, use a different pair of gloves for each transaction.
Notifications for garage sales can be posted on the garage sale notice boards at the Lacombe Memorial Centre and at the Gary Moe Auto Group Sports Complex parking lots. Garage Sale signs posted on streets and boulevards are prohibited and could result in fines as per section 6 of the Community Standards Bylaw 468.
For more information on preventing the spread of COVID-19, go to www.lacombe.ca/covid19